GreyApp - Terms and Conditions for US $1 Million Cash Reward
Global DataBank Group Inc. proudly presents US $1 million Cash Reward Challenge. Pertaining to the use of GreyApp service, this reward is offered to any individual with proof that GreyNet platform is able to read user’s content stored with us. The term “Challenge” refers to the “US $1 million Cash Reward Challenge” held by Global DataBank Group Inc. This Challenge is held solely by Global DataBank Group Inc., Apple is not a sponsor and is not in any way involved in this challenge. The term “you” refers to you, the “Participant”.
- The Challenge is open to any individual. Participants under the age of eighteen (18) years old must seek parental or guardian consent before participating. Details of the registration process can be obtained via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employees, contractors, consultants, vendors, temporary staff, advertising and promotion agencies of Global DataBank Group Inc., and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible.
Terms and Conditions:
- This challenge is valid in perpetuity, or for such other periods as determined by Global DataBank Group Inc.. GreyApp is powered by GreyNet platform which is fully owned by Global DataBank Group Inc.. GreyNet Platform refers to our backend application services and storage infrastructure.
- The Challenge requires the Participant to provide proof that GreyNet platform is able to read user’s content stored in backend system. User’s device installed with GreyApp which generates the user’s private key will allow the user to see his/her own content. GreyNet platform does not have a copy of this private key. Therefore materials on the user’s GreyApp device cannot to be used as proof. Proof must be in form, and must include the process flow yielding indisputable evidence that GreyApp platform can read a user’s plain text content.
- The user’s content refers to readable materials in Calendar, Email, Notes, IM, and stored files. Metadata including contact information, email address, time etc. do not constitute as readable content, and is excluded. Likewise, other information necessary for administration and provisioning of GreyApp service is excluded.
- The prize money will be awarded to the successful Participant, on completion of relevant verification of the proof provided, subject to quality checks by the GreyNet platform’s technical team.
- Global DataBank Group Inc. reserves the right to waive/vary/delete and amend any of these Terms and Conditions without notice. The decision of Global DataBank Group Inc. on all matters relating to the contest shall be final and binding for all Participants.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any brochure, marketing or promotional material relating to the Challenge, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- In participating, you consent to Global DataBank Group Inc. and its affiliates’ use of your name, your voice, likeness, biographical information, and mention of the nature of your participation in this Challenge, for advertising, promotional, trade, public announcements, press articles, blogs, articles on social media pages and other oral communications at conferences, media events, or other marketing opportunities on Global DataBank Group Inc. and GreyApp’s website or through other electronic communications such as emails to Global DataBank Group Inc. and GreyApp’s customers, newsletters, or in materials that Global DataBank Group Inc. and GreyApp otherwise makes publicly available, and through any other channel to promote GreyApp and other purposes, all without further notification, permission, or compensation. Winners may also be requested to take part in future promotional activities.
- Global DataBank Group Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any Participant(s) from the Challenge without liability where they:
- Act in such a way as to threaten or risk the health or wellbeing of themselves or others.
- Infringe or fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions. This include entries submitted with invalid or incorrect information.
- Act in such a way as to bring Global DataBank Group Inc. and/or GreyApp into disrepute in the reasonable opinion of Global DataBank Group Inc.
- Disqualification of any individual whom Global DataBank Group Inc. has reason to believe has breached any of the Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct, is at Global DataBank Group Inc.’s sole discretion.
- All entries and submissions must be presented in either English or Mandarin. If in another language, it must be accompanied by a simultaneous English or Mandarin translation.
- You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Global DataBank Group Inc. and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organisations related to this Challenge, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Challenge or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Global DataBank Group Inc.’s control that may cause the Challenge to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any claim than an Entry infringes third party intellectual property or proprietary rights; (iii) any disputes among team members, (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Challenge; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Challenge; technical errors that may impair your ability to participate in the Challenge; or (vi) errors in the administration of Global DataBank Group Inc.
- By participating in the Challenge, Participants represents and warrants that their entry is and will be Participant’s own original work and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. The Participant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Global DataBank Group Inc., or any other person, on the grounds that any use of a Participant’s entry, infringes any of Participant’s rights as creator of the entry, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.” Participant hereby assigns and transfers and agrees to assign and transfer to Global DataBank Group Inc. all right, title, and interest in and to Participant’s entry. Consequently Global DataBank Group Inc. will have all rights to copy, edit, publish and use, in whole or in part, any entry, in any manner without further compensation. At Global DataBank Group Inc.’s request and expense, Participant will assist and cooperate with Global DataBank Group Inc. in all respects to execute documents, codes, programming and will take such further acts reasonably requested by Global DataBank Group Inc. to enable Global DataBank Group Inc. to acquire, transfer, maintain, perfect and enforce their intellectual property rights and other legal protections for the entry. Participant hereby appoints the officers of Global DataBank Group Inc. as Participant’s attorney-in-fact to execute documents on behalf of Participant for this limited purpose. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between Participant and Global DataBank Group Inc. Participants will not receive any additional compensation from Global DataBank Group Inc. in connection with any entries. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that Global DataBank Group Inc. or other Participants or third parties may have developed or commissioned works which are similar to the entry of the Participant, or may develop something similar in the future.
- The prize money will be credited into the winner’s bank account or a redemption letter will be sent to the customer, 8 weeks after the complete verification process (as applicable).
- Claims for the prize money must be made in the manner and within the time specified by Global DataBank Group Inc. Failure to claim the prize within this time or in the manner specified will invalidate the winner’s claim to the prize.
- The US $1 Million prize money is to be awarded only once to a successful claimant on a first come first served basis.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- The participant must register with Global DataBank Inc. “US $1 Million Cash Reward Challenge”. Details of the registration process can be obtained via email from email@example.com
- In the event of war, terrorism, economic sanctions, riots, fires natural disaster or any other state of emergency, Global DataBank Group Inc. reserves the right (subject to any written directions under applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge, without any liability.
- In no event will Global DataBank Group Inc. be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in this Challenge, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not Global DataBank Group Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
By signing this form, I hereby acknowledge that I have read, understood and agree to be bound by the above “Terms and Conditions Governing the Global DataBank Group Inc. US $1 Million Cash Reward Challenge”.
Date:Download as PDF